Jun 01, 2023
SE 3192 - Software Development Laboratory II2 lecture hours 4 lab hours 4 credits
This is the second course in the software development laboratory sequence, in which students work on large-scale software projects. As students develop their individual and team skills, they can take on additional responsibilities on a project team or in laboratory staff positions. (prereq: SE 3191 , SE 380 )
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply software engineering practices and tools to the development of significant software components and systems
- Work within a defined software process and to contribute actively to its improvement
- Work in a small team and to contribute to the overall success of a small software development organization
- Plan and track project activities
- Communicate project and process information in written and oral form
- Research and apply independently learned knowledge and skills to the development of software components and systems.
Prerequisites by Topic
- Proficiency in software development using object-oriented design techniques, design patterns, and algorithms.
- Proficiency in the use of a team software process.
- Familiarity with software development laboratory practice and process.
- Team work on development projects and staff assignments (10 classes)
- Team work on development projects and staff assignments (10 sessions)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)