Jun 07, 2023
SE 3191 - Software Development Laboratory I2 lecture hours 4 lab hours 4 credits
The software development laboratory provides students the experience of working in a team on large-scale projects using software engineering tools and techniques. In this first course in the sequence, students are introduced to the laboratory environment and work on assigned tasks as members of project teams. (prereq: SE 2800 or SE 280, SE 2811 , SE 3821 )
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply software engineering practices and tools to the development of significant software components and systems
- Work within a defined software process and to contribute actively to its improvement
- Work in a small team and to contribute to the overall success of a small software development organization
- Plan and track project activities
- Communicate project and process information in written and oral form
- Research and apply independently learned knowledge and skills to the development of software components and systems.
Prerequisites by Topic
- Proficiency in software development using object-oriented design techniques, design patterns, and algorithms.
- Proficiency in the use of an individual software process.
- Software development laboratory processes and tools (3 classes)
- Team work on development projects (7 classes)
- Introduction to software development laboratory projects, processes, and infrastructure (1 session)
- Team work on development projects (8 sessions)
- Project report presentations (1 session)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)