* Courses with an asterisk are used to calculate major GPA.
See The Raider Core page for details on the general education program and Common Learning Outcomes (CLOs).
1 Includes a laboratory component.
2 Any 4 or more credit hour course that includes a laboratory component and is offered by the Physics and Chemistry Department.
3 6 Raider Core credit hours of foundational knowledge in the humanities and social sciences. The combination of courses must address and assess the Exhibit Curiosity and Embrace Diversity Common Learning Outcomes. With some exceptions, these courses must be taught out of the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Communication Department.
4 Any 3 or more credit hour course offered by the EECS Department that has a course number of 2000 or higher.
5 Any 3 or more credit hour course not found in the free elective exclusion list.
6 3 Raider Core credit hours of foundational knowledge in the humanities, sciences, mathematics, social sciences and arts. The course must address and assess at least one of the following Common Learning Outcomes: Collaborate Successfully, Think Critically, Demonstrate Ethical Understanding, Exhibit Curiosity, or Embrace Diversity. With some exceptions, these courses must be taught out of the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Communication, Mathematics, or Physics & Chemistry Departments.
7 6 or more credit hours from courses offered by the EECS Department where the course number is 3000 or higher.
The following ROTC courses could count for free elective credit in the CS major (there are 6 credits of free electives in the major):
- AIR 4141 National Security Affairs/Preparation for Active Duty I (3 credits)
- AIR 4142 National Security Affairs/Preparation for Active Duty II (3 credits)
- ARM 1800 American Crucible: The Military and the Development of the United States (3 credits)
- NAV 3964 Practicum in U.S. Marine Corps Leadership and Management (4 credits)
- NAV 4186 Leadership and Core-Value-Based Decision-Making (3 credits)