Main Office: Walter Schroeder Library, L-350
Phone: (414) 277-7323
Fax: (414) 277-7465
The Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) Department is the oldest and largest academic department at MSOE. The department maintains 23 engineering and computer science laboratories, a high-performance computing cluster, and the EECS Technical Support Center. Undergraduate degree-granting responsibility includes the areas of biomedical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, and software engineering. The department offers graduate degree programs in engineering and perfusion.
The EECS Departmental Mission and Vision augments the Institutional Mission and Vision.
Our Institutional Mission Inspires Us
MSOE is the university of choice for those seeking an inclusive community of experiential learners driven to solve the complex challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our Institutional Vision Challenges Us
MSOE will set the standard for preparing leaders to solve the diverse technical challenges of the 21st century.
Our Departmental Mission Defines Us
Our student-focused, supportive environment prepares our graduates for immediate employment or continued study. We attract, develop and retain skillful staff and faculty recognized for their pedagogy, subject knowledge and engagement in professional activities.
Our Departmental Vision Drives Us
Our vision is to be recognized for encouraging and supporting all our students to achieve their full potential. We strive to build a community of successful professionals that contribute to our global society.
To this end, the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department will:
- Offer and maintain nationally recognized instructional programs that include relevant, up-to-date curricula and laboratories.
- Create an educational climate that incorporates best practices for student learning.
- Support student professional, personal, and social development through faculty and staff mentorship and advising.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with industry.
- Provide research and international experiences and other development opportunities for students.
- Meaningfully participate in recruiting and outreach activities.
- Contribute to institutional initiatives that aim to broaden representation in the engineering profession.
- Develop departmental expertise in online and blended learning.
- Maintain contributing representation in professional and accrediting organizations.
- Recruit and develop knowledgeable faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching.
- Encourage relevant scholarly activities, consulting and research.
Dr. Stephen Williams
Dr. Eric Durant, Dr. Ronald Gerrits, Dr. Robert Hasker, Dr. Olga Imas, Dr. Russell Meier, Dr. Walter Schilling, Dr. Sohum Sohoni, Dr. Robert A. Strangeway, Dr. Christopher Taylor, Dr. Stephen Williams
Dr. Icaro dos Santos, Dr. Steven Holland, Dr. Timothy Johnson, Dr. Richard Kelnhofer, Dr. Jeffrey LaMack, Dr. Cory Prust, Dr. Derek Riley, Dr. Sheila Ross, Dr. Darrin Rothe, Dr. Charles Tritt, Dr. Jay Wierer, Dr. Josiah Yoder
Dr. Sebastian Berisha, Dr. Jennifer Bonniwell, Dr. Donovan Brocker, Dr. John Bukowy, Dr. Joshua Carl, Dr. Brian Faulkner, Dr. Aparna Joshi, Dr. Adam Livingston, Dr. Jonathon Magaña, Dr. Ronald Nowling, Dr. Ahmed Sayed, Dr. Roby Velez, Dr. Luke Weber, Dr. Kerry Widder
Dr. John Brauer, Dr. Edward W. Chandler, Dr. Larry Fennigkoh, Dr. Steven Fredette, Dr. Horst Hellbrück, Dr. Nancy Schlick, Dr. Thomas J. Swiontek, Dr. Gerald Thomas, Dr. Robert Turney
Adjunct Associate Professors:
Frederick Hoadley, Dr. Jovan Jevtic, Mark Krueger
Adjunct Assistant Professors:
Paul Licato, Brian Petted, Michael Vieau, Dr. Michael J. Wenzel
Sean Jones, James Lembke, Dr. William Retert, Deborah Varnell
Bernard Budny, Dr. Michael T. Chier, James Eckl, Frank Evans, Dr. John Gassert, Dr. Mark Hornick, Dr. Owe Petersen, Dr. Hadi Saadat, Hans Schroeder, Dr. Mark Sebern, Dr. Thomas Swiontek
Senior Administrative Coordinator:
Emily Vogel, CAP, OM
Department Administrative Assistants:
EECS Systems Administrator:
EECS Technical Support:
Martin Handley, Manager
James Frommell, Technician