MSOE will set the standard for preparing leaders to solve the diverse technical challenges of the 21st century.
MSOE is the university of choice for those seeking an inclusive community of experiential learners driven to solve the complex challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Collaboration - We value working together across boundaries.
- Excellence - We value the pursuit and achievement of excellence.
- Inclusion - We value authentic engagement with diverse people, beliefs, and ideas.
- Innovation - We value creativity and new ideas for life-long service, discovery, and growth.
- Integrity - We value doing the right thing in a reliable way.
- Stewardship - We value the responsible use of our resources.
As an institution of higher learning, it is important that we recognize our role in serving our constituents, both internal and external to the university. Milwaukee School of Engineering has identified its internal and external constituents to be:
- Families of current and prospective students
- Employers of MSOE graduates
- Local and regional communities, including but not limited to, the business, educational, and professional segments of those communities.
We are committed to serving these constituents. We seek to engage and to gain insights from them, and to provide them services of value.
- MSOE is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604; 800-621-7440; https://www.hlcommission.org/).
- The Master of Science in Perfusion program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Committee on Perfusion Education (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 9355 113th Street N., #7709, Seminole, FL 33775-7709 (727) 210-2350).
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at Milwaukee School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- The MBA in Educational Leadership program is a Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI)-approved principal-licensing program. The program also offers additional DPI licenses in Director of Instruction and School Business Administrator.
The Academic Year
The official academic calendar of MSOE is published in the Academic Calendar section of this catalog. The academic year is divided into three 11-week quarters, September through May. Some programs also offer courses during the summer quarter. Contact the program director for information about specific programs.
Graduate Program Affiliations
MSOE is an institutional member in the following organizations:
- Associated Schools of Construction
- American Society for Engineering Management
Graduate Degree Programs
MSOE offers the following master’s degree programs:
- Architectural Engineering (MSAE)
- Civil Engineering (MSCVE)
- Engineering (MSE)
- Engineering Management (MSEM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA in Education Leadership (MBAEL)
- New Product Management (MSNP)
- Nursing (MSN)
- Perfusion (MSP)
Questions about any of the graduate programs offered by MSOE may be directed to the individual program directors (see the particular graduate program description within this catalog for the program director’s contact information) or to Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of these programs are explained in detail in the Degree Programs and Certificates sections of this catalog.
Location and Delivery Formats
Graduate programs are delivered in multiple formats in an attempt to meet the needs of students. Please contact the program director to discuss delivery format and calendar for specific programs.
- Some programs offer traditional, face-to-face meetings one night per week for the 11-week quarter. These programs are offered on MSOE’s campus, located in downtown Milwaukee.
- Blended internet delivery combines the rich faculty/student interaction that is the hallmark of an MSOE education with the flexibility of online learning. The face-to-face portion is offered on MSOE’s campus.
- Some MSOE graduate programs can be completed fully online, which provides the student flexibility to study and learn. Courses are led by MSOE faculty via a learning management system (LMS).