Bachelor of Science Business Management
Dr. Michael J. Payne
Phone: (414) 277-7589
Fax: (414) 277-7479
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management prepares individuals to lead people, processes and technology. The program responds to businesses that need people who can use technology, work together creatively and think innovatively.
The business management program capitalizes on MSOE’s long history of combining theory and practice, along with 50 years of experience providing technology-rich business education. Students learn core business concepts and put them into practice by solving today’s business problems in “real-world” project experiences. Specialized areas of study in the program include: engineering studies, financial management, health care management, managerial leadership,marketing and entrepreneurship and operations management.
Students entering the program from high school are accepted into the program starting freshman year. In addition to studying a range of business management subjects, the program requires students to participate in a professional internship. Students work at companies such as Apexx Marketing, Assurant Health, Aurora Health, Brady Corp., Direct Supply, Harley-Davidson, GE Healthcare, Johnson Controls, Metavante, Rockwell Automation and Stark Investments, to name a few.
MSOE’s Rader School of Business is the difference in business education. Classes are small, which encourages interaction and networking. Professors bring business experience into the classroom, along with a passion for teaching. What is taught in the classroom can be applied immediately to the workplace. An uncompromising approach to quality provides a meaningful education that carries value well beyond graduation. Individuals with an MSOE degree are highly sought by employers around the world.
The degree is available to traditional full-time undergraduate students, and flexible plans of study are also available for working professionals. For those with an associate degree, the transfer plan grants junior standing to qualified individuals. Courses in the program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. Classes may be taken during the day or evening, with several options for blended Internet study available each academic term.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the business management program:
- excel in leadership positions.
- are recognized as experts in at least one business function and are knowledgeable about multiple functions of business.
- possess superior technical skills and integrate technology to facilitate and improve business.
- are effective communicators and exhibit strong interpersonal skills with particular appreciation for cultural diversity.
- engage in life-long learning that enables them to continually improve business processes and practices.
Upon completing the business management program, students will:
- have generalized skills in accounting with the ability to create, analyze and evaluate financial data and reports.
- possess knowledge of economics and economic systems that lead to the application of economic models in problem-solving.
- demonstrate managerial competence related to business process, organizational behavior and strategic business management.
- apply the tools of quantitative business to effectively analyze and create solutions to business problems and opportunities.
- understand information systems and have skills to use and integrate technological tools and systems to management and improve business.
- have knowledge of business finance with the skills to make effective business choices.
- be skilled at business marketing and have the capacity to create and implement strategic market approaches.
- exhibit a commitment to moral, ethical, and social responsibility in their business management decisions.
- demonstrate awareness and strategic thinking that reflects a global business perspective.