Dr. Nadya Shalamova
Phone: (414) 277-2331
The User Experience and Communication Design degree program at MSOE is an interdisciplinary program that provides students with the essential skills to design digital experiences, environments, products, and services for customers and end users. Specifically, the program provides foundations of visual design and multimedia production, human factors, usability, content management, and information architecture. Students are prepared for careers in user experience, interaction design, usability, design research, content management, and technical communication.
The program aims to produce graduates who will:
- Use their education to become productive and contributing professionals in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership in their professional activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development.
- Understand the impact of their professional activities on society.
Upon successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Apply user experience, information architecture, and technical communication theory, practice, and processes in professional contexts.
- Demonstrate literacy in math, natural sciences, business, marketing, humanities and social sciences.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of professional software and tools.
- Participate within broader institutional and societal contexts.
- Innovate and improve interpersonal processes.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Model professional responsibilities and ethical conduct.
- Have the recognition of and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.