Main Office: Walter Schroeder Library, L-350
Phone: (414) 277-7323
Fax: (414) 277-7465
The Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) Department is the oldest and largest academic department at MSOE. The department maintains 14 engineering laboratories and the EECS Technical Support Center. Undergraduate degree granting responsibility includes the areas of biomedical, computer, electrical and software engineering. The department offers graduate degree programs in engineering and perfusion.
The vision of the EECS department is to provide an effective, evidence-based educational experience enabled by skillful staff and delivered by faculty recognized for their pedagogy, subject knowledge, and leadership in professional activities.
The mission of the EECS department is to provide a personalized environment facilitated by student-centered faculty and staff that prepares students for professional positions, career advancement, and graduate studies in a global society.
To this end, the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department will:
- Offer and maintain nationally recognized instructional programs that include relevant, up-to-date curricula and laboratories.
- Create an educational climate that incorporates best practices for student learning.
- Support student professional, personal, and social development through faculty and staff mentorship and advising.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with industry.
- Provide research and international experiences and other development opportunities for students.
- Meaningfully participate in recruiting and outreach activities.
- Contribute to institutional initiatives that aim to broaden representation in the engineering profession.
- Develop departmental expertise in online and blended learning.
- Maintain contributing representation in professional and accrediting organizations.
- Recruit and develop knowledgeable faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching.
- Encourage relevant scholarly activities, consulting and research.
Dr. Stephen Williams
Dr. Edward W. Chandler, Dr. Eric Durant, Dr. Larry Fennigkoh, Dr. Ronald Gerrits, Dr. Russell Meier, Dr. William Schilling, Dr. Robert A. Strangeway, Dr. Christopher Taylor, Dr. Jay Urbain, Dr. Stephen Williams
Dr. Icaro dos Santos, Dr. Robert Hasker, Dr. Olga Imas, Dr. Timothy Johnson, Dr. Richard Kelnhofer, Dr. Jeffrey LaMack, Dr. Joerg Mossbrucker, Dr. Cory Prust, Dr. Derek Riley, Dr. Sheila Ross, Dr. Darrin Rothe, Dr. Charles Tritt, Dr. Jay Wierer
Dr. Jennifer Bonniwell, Dr. Joshua Carl, Dr. Brad Dennis, Dr. Steven Holland, Dr. Adam Livingston, Dr. Deborah Varnell, Dr. Luke Weber, Dr. Kerry Widder, Dr. Josiah Yoder
Dr. Kishore Acharya, William Barnekow, Dr. John Brauer, Dr. Steven Fredette, Dr. Nancy Schlick, Dr. Thomas J. Swiontek, Dr. Gerald Thomas, Dr. Robert Turney
Adjunct Associate Professors:
Dr. Ahmed Mohamed Sayed Ahmed, Dr. David Haas, Dr. Mark Hornick, Mark Krueger, John Wheeldon
Adjunct Assistant Professors:
Brad Becker, Kristina Contino, Frederick Hoadley, Sean Jones, Christopher J. Merkl, Brian Petted, Tanzania Sewell, Dr. Carol Tumey, Michael Vieau, Dr. Michael J. Wenzel
Bernard Budny, Dr. Vincent R. Canino, Dr. Michael T. Chier, James Eckl, Frank Evans, Dr. John Gassert, Dr. Owe Petersen, Dr. Steven Reyer, Dr. Hadi Saadat, Hans Schroeder, Dr. Mark Sebern, Dr. Thomas Swiontek, Thomas Tillman
Assistant to Chairperson:
Emily Vogel, CAP
Department Administrative Assistant:
EECS Technical Support:
Martin Handley, Manager
James Frommell, Technician