SE 401 - Senior Design Project II2 lecture hours 2 lab hours 3 credits
This is the second of three courses in the senior design sequence where students work as a team on a significant software project. Each student team must specify, design, implement, document, and test a substantial software project. Teams meet regularly with their instructor to track technical and project management issues. (prereq: SE 400 taken in the same academic year)
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• work effectively and demonstrate initiative as a project team member
• communicate project status and technical content in oral and written form to coworkers and management
• demonstrate effective use of software tools and practices
• identify and address relevant engineering standards and constraints in a design project context
• manage project resources, risks, and contingency plans
• implement, document, and test software components and systems
Prerequisites by Topic
• Proficiency in requirements analysis, software architecture and design, software verification and validation, and team software process.
• Successfully completed SE-400 in same academic year.
• Team status meetings (weekly)
• Oral team presentations (4 classes)